- “I have to cross the goal in first place, not second, and definitely not third!”
- ―Nice Nature at her third Arima Kinen
Nice Nature is introduced as the sole member of Team Canopus. She is later joined by Twin Turbo, Ikuno Dictus, and Matikane Tannhauser. Nice Nature is well known for her reliability in getting high placements, although she tends to lose out to stronger horse girls in higher grade races. Her dream is to beat Tokai Teio.
Nice Nature is shown as a mostly unassuming, unambitious, and laidback character, opting not to be overly expressive in most scenarios. She tends to not set people's expectations too high either and acknowledges the fact that she isn't very popular nor one of the strongest horse girls at Tracen Academy. Despite her laidback attitude, she takes racing very seriously. Whether she wins or loses, she doesn't let anything go to her head.
Although not often, when she does express herself, she tends to get embarrassed rather easily.
As a part of Team Canopus, she as seen as its most ordinary member and doesn't have an "interesting" personality trait, unlike the rest of her teammates.
- Out of Triangle (Solo song)
- Go This Way
- Make Debut!
- Yume o Kakeru
- GIRLS' LEGEND U
- UNLIMITED IMPACT
- Honnou Speed
- NEXT FRONTIER
- Never Looking Back
- We are DREAMERS!!
- Umapyoi Densetsu
- In the Uma Musume game, most of her skills are debuffs and interruption skills (red-colored skills) despite her name, which makes her a constant target of memes.
- In the game version, She has some bonus related the "third".
- Her special skill is an acceleration when she comes in the third.
- When she finishes in the third at non-target G1, she gains ability and skill pts more than others.
- When she finishes, she acts fun if within third.
- “Not only G1 horses are bucephaluses.
If the horse has been beloved for its running with its best, It is worth to be called bucephalus.
Nice Nature was such horse.”
- ―Bucephaluses in the 20th Century
Nice Nature is a racehorse in the early 1990s. He had not win any G1s, but he ran for a long time and earned little by little, At last he earned over 600 million JPY, nearly equals to Tokai Teio. He was beloved by lots of fans through his life even after he retired.
- He came in the third place 8 times through his life, so he was nicknamed as "Bronze Collector".
- In a manga "Breezing a Furlong Theater" by Miho Yoshida, he is the first member of "BroColle Club".
- He was featured in the advertising poster of JRA "Wide" betting ticket. He held a sheet of paper in his mouth, written as "wide".
- Especially Arima Kinen three years in a row. Horses that finished in the third at the same G1 thrice in a row are only two. The other is Narita Top Road (2000-2002 Tenno Sho Spring).
- He had run for 6 years, so he had fought with the most Uma Musume-related horses.
- As of 2022, Nice Nature is currently the oldest living JRA graded race winner. his long life and popularity is helping retired horses.
- Now he is an advertising leader of an NPO, Retired Horse Assosiation. On his birthday, "Nice Nature Birthday Donation" is held and he collects donation.
- In 2021, Uma Musume went a boom and the donation rose suddenly by 2031%. The assosiation collected 35,829,730 JPY by 16,296 people.
- A Japanese comedian Sanma Akashiya loved him. When Uma Musume was featured in his show, he said "I bet him more than you charge for the game!"
- Translated as "quinella place" in English. It is to guess two horses within third place. when he was an active racehorse, trio or trifecta did not exist.