- “Trainer, you seem like you'd be fun to tease... Hehe♪”
Maruzensky (マルゼンスキー, Maruzensukī) is a supporting character in Uma Musume: Pretty Derby.
Maruzensky is a cool, serene girl. She is like a 'big sister' figure to others and a role model for younger horse girls. Regardless of her charming character, she has an interest in car-racing activities.
She is a busty brunette with long, curly hair that is tied with a black ribbon on the back. She also has a blue ribbon tied to her right ear that matches her calming blue eyes.
- Kindan Burning Heart (Solo song)
- UNLIMITED IMPACT
- ENDLESS DREAM!!
- Make Debut!
- Grow Up Shine!
- Special Record!
- GIRLS' LEGEND U
- Nigekiri! Fallin' Love
- BLOW my GALE
- My lovely horse
- We are DREAMERS!!
- Umapyoi Densetsu
- She belongs to a famous horse girl clan in the United Kingdom because of her overwhelming speed.
- She is only horse girl that ran in the 1970s. She talks with old-fashioned words from the 60s-90s.
- Almost all Tracen Academy students must be in dormitories, but she alone is the exception. She lives alone.
- As for now, 6 horse girls are real-life descendants of Maruzensky. That's the highest number among all Uma Musume characters.
- In the game version, some of her races are based on real-life episodes.
- At Spring Stakes, only 5 runners enter. 1976 Fuchu 3-year-old Stakes became so to avoid fighting him and taking timeover penalty.
- At Japanese Derby, Maruzensky always get placed in #18 gate, In real life, Maruzensky couldn't enter there because of foreign-bred restrict at that time. So his jockey said "Let him run the Derby even if he is the outermost gate."
Maruzensky was a racehorse in the 1970s. His speed was called "The Supercar", however, a foreign-bred horse restriction at that time prevented him from running in big races.
- Maruzensky's mother Shill was imported from US being pregnant with him. He was foaled in Japan. Nowadays such horses are counted as Japanese-bred, but in 1971-1983, they are treated as foreign-bred horses. Maruzensky was most bound by the rule.
- Foreign-bred horses couldn't enter the Classics and both Tenno Sho. Maruzensky could enter only Arima Kinen in 8 major races, but he retired before the day came.
- Miho Training Center was opened in 1978, after Maruzensky retired. He belonged to Shigehiko Hongo stable in Tokyo racecourse. So horse girl Maruzensky does not belong to any dormitories.
- Horse girl Maruzensky's voice actor Lynn loves horseracing. She bet on his descendant Lei Papale at 2021 Osaka Hai and won the trifecta, x106.2 odds.
- Satsuki Sho, Japanese Derby, Kikka Sho, Oka Sho and Japanese Oaks.
- spring and autamn